School for the Blind Overview
St. Joseph's School for the Blind is a New Jersey Department of Education approved private school serving students with visual impairments and multiple disabilities (developmental, physical, medical), ages 3-21.
St. Joseph's goal is to promote each student’s ability to learn, work and live in the least restrictive environment possible. We provide:
- Comprehensive academic and life skills training
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies, as well as Orientation and Mobility training
- An ADA-compliant, LEEDS Certified facility built in 2007 on a 3-acre campus
- Collaboration with the student’s parents and local school district to determine a student’s Individualized Educational Plan (IEP)
- School programs that are funded by the local sending school district and by fundraising. There is no cost to families